I’m back, and I’ve been taggedJuly 19, 2007 at 5:39 pm | Posted in events, other stuff | 1 Comment
I’m back at my desk chair, all moved into my new apartment, with the DSL finally up and running. Thanks for all the comments to my last couple of posts while I was away– it was really nice to have so many waiting for me!
I’m working on a couple of new recipe posts, and hope to have them up next week. In the meantime though, I’ve been tagged for the “eight things” meme (my first) by KJ over at A Cracking Good Egg. Thanks, KJ! Maybe my facts are not so interesting, but they are definitely random…
My Eight Random Facts:
1. I am horribly bad housekeeper. One of my least favorite things is folding clothes, and I use the dryer as a dresser until another load of laundry must be done. Yes, my clothes are often wrinkled.
2. I hate driving. We have a car, and I even hold two licenses (one for New York and one for New South Wales), but I can guarantee that I will not sit in the driver’s seat unless it is a medical emergency. Usually I walk where I need to get, and if that is not feasible, I take public transportation.
3. I was a math major in college/university. I must seem a little ditzy, because if the subject comes up, people usually are surprised by this.
4. I look forward to going to the dentist. I don’t enjoy having cavities filled, but I get very excited for my six-month cleanings. When I was a kid, I adored my pediatric dentist Dr. D’Aquila (who had an office subscription to MAD Magazine), and I even wanted to be a dentist. Later, though, I realized that I am grossed out by a lot of things, so that profession did not turn out to be my calling after all.
5. I have a long scar on my left hand from a tragic Big Wheel incident. I was four, and that and the resulting trip to the emergency room for stitches are my earliest clear memories. This did not dampen my love of the Big Wheel though, and we were together for a couple more years.
6. I love seafood and have a couple of pieces of chicken or turkey each month, but I haven’t eaten other meat in almost 20 years. (It really frustrated my father to have a kid who would refuse hamburgers and hot dogs.) Probably 90% of what I cook at home is vegetarian, although not necessarily super-healthy.
7. With the exception of my signature, I only write in print, never in script. And all of my Rs are upper-case. I don’t know why or how that started.
8. My satin baby blanket is my most prized possession. Grandma W gave it to me the day I was born, and it is still on my bed and in great condition. I have it dry cleaned when it needs to be, but R is still horrified by it.
I see from other blogs that this meme has really made its way around, so I won’t tag anyone myself. If there are eight things you are dying to share with everyone, though, please do, and then let me know so I can read them!